EMERGENCY ROAD CLOSURES – QLD floods and Gippsland (VIC) Bushfire Update – JANUARY 2013
Some roads are re-opening while some are still closed; we appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to deliver the freight as early as it is safe and practical to do so.
- Our vehicles have been forced to take the alternative longer inland routes which is causing some delays and affecting our transit times
- Some roads are still closed around Rockhampton, Bundaberg and Gympie and we will be attempting deliveries where it is practical to do so
Gold Coast and Surrounding areas
- There has been more rain overnight instigating some local road closures in Gold Coast, Burleigh Heads, Tweed Heads, Ballina, Lismore and surrounding areas – we will be attempting delivery where it is safe to do so
- The Pacific Highway is still closed and will remain that way for a few days; our units have had to take the longer inland route which is again affecting our transit times
The floods in Queensland and New South Wales are causing some reduced accessibility. We are concentrating on moving freight as early as it is safe and practical to do so.
- Some areas are starting to open up while others are still closed; we are working together to clear the backlog of freight moving up and down the east coast. Our vehicles are taking alternative routes but these delays are affecting our transit times.
- The roads north of Mackay are now open, although we have had delays in getting units to Townsville, Cairns and surrounding areas causing minor transit delays.
- While our drivers are successfully making deliveries around Brisbane there is a new threat to the drinking water for residents and we appreciate your patience with our Brisbane team at this time.
- We are closely monitoring the Logan River, south of Brisbane, as it rises so we can react if it causes problems in surrounding areas.
- The Pacific Highway is still closed and will remain that way for a few days, our units are having to take the longer inland route which is again affecting our transit times.
We appreciate your understanding and patience at this time and we will be keeping our website updated as information comes through.
UPDATE QUEENSLAND FLOODS 29/01/2013
Due to extreme flooding in QLD and now in NSW there are many road closures that are affecting our transit and delivery times. Please be aware that we will be doing our best to make deliveries where wecan and we will be keeping our website updated with any delivery information:
BRISBANE AREA AND SUNSHINE COAST
- Our Brisbane depot is still open at this stage although due to extreme weather we appreciate your understanding and patience as we handle all service issues as they come in
- With the Brisbane River due to peak at midday we will not know full impact of road closures but will be making deliveries as normal where we can
- With flood waters still affecting Bundaberg, Rockhampton and Gympie there will be no deliveries made in these areas today
- There are road closures in Ipswich and surrounding areas delaying deliveries in these areas
TOWNSVILLE AREA AND NORTH QLD
- Due to road closures in Gin Gin units travelling from southern depots (Melbourne, Sydney Brisbane etc.) are currently utilising western (inland) routes to access Mackay, Townsville and Cairns which will be adding travel time
- A linehaul from Sydney containing consignments for Mackay, Townsville, Cairns and surrounding has been delayed in Brisbane – If flood water recedes, the unit should arrive into Mackay sometime tomorrow
- Tully and Mission Beach areas south of Cairns are currently cut off due to flood waters
BETWEEN BRISBANE AND SYDNEY
- The Pacific Highway is now closed between Ballina and Grafton for at least a number of days due to rising Clarence River and will be affecting deliveries in these areas
- There will be no link between Sydney and Brisbane due to road closures on Pacific Highway, Newell Highway, Summerland Way, New England Highway and the closure of Bruxner Highway. This will affect any freight moving up to Brisbane tonight
- Flooding around Sutherland, Glenfield, Prestons, Kensington, Rozelle and Frenchs Forest - diversions are in place with minimal deliveries affected
WOLLONGONG – SOUTH COAST
- Princess Highway and Illawarra Highway has flooding in South Nowra and Albion Park – diversions are in place with minimal deliveries affected
- Port Macquarie are running normal services southbound and are running north as far as and including Coffs Harbour. Any deliveries north of Coffs Harbour will be made when conditions improve and it is safe to do so
- All services are running as normal in the Tamworth area
- Moree deliveries are being done today however anything north of Moree may not be done today
- Flooding around Singleton on the Golden Highway affecting delivery times in these areas
Once again we appreciate your understanding and patience during these times; we will be updating our website when information comes through.
UPDATE 29/01/2013 PM
Townsville and North Queensland
- Roads between Rockhampton and Mackay remain closed
- Roads between Brisbane have been closed affecting deliveries in Gympie, Bundaberg and Gladstone.
- The roads north of Mackay is now open, although we have had delays in getting units up to North Queensland and into Townsville affecting delivery times in Cairns.
- Our drivers are successfully making deliveries around Brisbane.
- Any units heading north are being loaded ready for transport although will not move until it is safe to do so.
- At this stage roads from Sydney to Brisbane (Pacific Highway, Newell Highway are still closed). Roads near Grafton have been opened so our units will be taking an inland route. This will affect arrival times although we will be able to move freight.
Queensland Road Closures and Gippsland (VIC) Bush Fires 25/01/2013
Please be aware that due to flooding in Queensland’s North and East Coast region there have been major road closures. Floodwaters have affected many areas and there have been more than 70 road closures, including major highways for a more information and a complete state-wide list of road closures visit RACQ website.
- Roads closures are affecting deliveries to Mackay, Townsville, Cairns and surrounding areas
- Roads in and out of Rockhampton are now closed and at this stage will be for most of the day.
Update on Gippsland Bush Fires
Due to ongoing fires in Gippsland region we will have limited access to the area and will be making deliveries when it is safe to so, the following towns and suburbs will not be serviced today:
Once again we appreciate your understanding and patience during these times and we will be updating our website with updates when they come through.
Please contact your local branch for more information.